Saturday, November 25, 2023

Reflection


 





End of year display 



Reflecting on the work and progress I have done this year I started the year with the intention that I wanted to work with horns mainly because it relates to my concept. But  the more I worked with it I was realised that this not the type of look that I wanted my work to look like.




So I started doing sculptures which I felt it resonated with what I wanted to do which was finding visual symbols that keen to Nguni rituals but also wanted to make my creativity to take a life of it own.

By doing so I started adding cattle’s to my pieces which now began to be used as a symbol to recognise Amadlozi then just using portraits of people to say it in other ways living out the body of work out the contradiction of being nourished by rituals and the old ways. But know fusing things with my idea or perspective of how I view Amadlozi and what that means to me as times have changed cause with time things and view on things constantly change.


No comments:

Post a Comment