Monday, June 5, 2023

Contemporary

 


Horn Bangle
image: Pinterest

Flat Band Ring With Sterling Silver And Horns
Ring Made By: Ayanda Qwabe

Jewellery that I make is made in a form of  expressing my concept and inspirations which derive from African spirituality and religion which is centered around honouring ancestor, believing in the spiritual world and the use of cattle's in order to connect with the ancestors. I believe my jewellery links or falls under jewellery that is contemporary mainly because it gains inspiration from Western designs such as your traditional flat band , half round rings with stone settings such as flush, crown and pave' setting with a traditional touch in which it incorporates the use of horns which where traditionally used as ornaments , instruments and jewellery and now I am using the same material combining it with precious metal such as Sterling silver and Gemstones in order to add value. My pieces are light weight compared to actual traditional jewellery which are larger and heavy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment