Monday, July 31, 2023

End of semester display

gilding metal brooch and ring

My display was inspired by the connection AmaZulu have with their ancestors, hence why I had impepho on the display and the sheep ring which is an indicator of a sacrifice or offering to the ancestors that is slaughtered after burning impepho. The brooch on my display indicates someone who is no more as most of AmaZulu believe that our ancestors are always with us where ever we go. The spaces on the brooch are there  for one to insert impepho so we feel more connected to our ancestors.

My plan for this semester is i intend on making jewellery That is stemmed from the historical, cultural and religious heritage Of Africa e.g Calabash, shield , cow and sheep skin, horns , impepho and beads. My jewellery will include 3D printing, setting, horns and beadwork .

 


No comments:

Post a Comment