Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sculpted cow horns

wax horns

These are wax cow horns that I have prepared for casting as I am trying to make jewellery that  serves as decoration for desks and wall unites . My aim for this project is to make a cow statue ornament that has mixed materials of metal and clay. The whole idea around this project came from me wanting to make a cow that only consisted of metal. The idea of casting horns to metal stermed from noticing that the casting flasks at the studio are a bit small to fit the size of the cow I wanted to carve and sculpt. The idea i have to the conclusion to make is a clay cow with metal horns.




This would my ideal size when it comes to my sculptural statue or ornament 



 These are my reference for the shapes and sizes of horns.





No comments:

Post a Comment